Thursday, June 9, 2011

DC, Duck & back again.

I love my friend Jackie, and I love Washington D.C. So, a trip to visit Jackie in D.C. (where she works for USAID in emergency food relief, N.B.D.) was a NO-BRAINER. And while we were at it, we decided to join a bunch of friends in North Carolina for the weekend for Duck Beach.

You may or may not have heard of Duck Beach. Basically about a jillion single adults flock to the Outer Banks for Memorial weekend and pack into mansions for a weekend of volleyball and canoodling. I was a tad bit skeptical prior to the weekend, especially after rumors of a "duckumentary" profiling Mormon singles was confirmed. But in addition to getting to see some of my favorites, and spending the weekend with a breathtaking view, Duck Beach definitely over-delivered on my {low} expectations.

In spite of the cliches and stereotypes (which are rampant, don't get me wrong) there are a lot of great people everywhere, and I loved having a chance to get to know more of them in such a beautiful and uplifting environment.

Jackie, Wendy & Me on our back deck. The Atlantic is purdy. So are my friends.


Our house. Lotsa good people.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment