Saturday, December 18, 2010

soundtrack of 2010.

SPIN posted their Top 40 Albums, Top 20 Songs, and 10 downloadable tracks you might have missed for 2010.

I won't spoil the countdown, but I will say that I agree with a lot of the albums on their list. My top picks would have to be:

1. Arcade Fire The Suburbs











2. Sufjan Stevens Age of Adz











3. Robyn Body Talk











4. The Roots How I Got Over











5. Yeasayer  Odd Blood











6. The Black Keys: Brothers











I guess that makes for a Top 6. Who does a top 6? No one.

Number 1 disappointment? Interpol. Although I still may go see them at the Venue in February.












Next year's already off to an amazing start with planned releases from The Decemberists (Jan 18), Iron & Wine (Jan 25), Cold War Kids (Jan 25), Lykke Li (Mar 8), The Strokes (TBD) and one that gets me practically giddy, Cut Copy (Feb 8). If you need a little something to tide you over for all this new music, check out a documentary of the making of Cut Copy's new album Zonoscope.

What albums and songs did you wear out on replay this year? What got you through? What made you excited about life? What are you looking forward to in 2011?

5 comments:

  1. don't even get me started on my replay albums!!! Mumford and Wavves for sure...but Robyn outspun all. Body Talk always. i mis syou LJBluth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some many pictures.... I’m over whelmed

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pictures. So FEW words. It's just for you AJR.

    And THoyt, I miss you more than I can say in words. I'll probably need to find a song for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, if Ashlee Simpson wasn't still on loop on my first ever manufactured "mini" iPod...
    I'll definitely have to look into these tunes. Are they still called tunes? Or is it something more digital...like random symbols?
    Tag me back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't mind that I had to use the urban dictionary to look up an acronym the other day. LML but really, I'm sort of out of it.

    ReplyDelete