Thursday, December 16, 2010

a little diddy.

Why does {puff daddy} I mean {p diddy} I mean {diddy dirty money} have to change his name so much?

I feel like this is a tendency of celebrities I would categorize as weirdies.

Prince kicked off his Welcome 2 America tour last night in New Jersey. Spin said of the first tour in four years, "it felt more like an exotic outpost on whatever distant and mysterious planet Prince calls home." Indeed.

Yet the puff master (I'm going to trademark that before he steals it) seems to be doing alright. Probably because Kanye will always be one step ahead of him stirring up enough controversy and ridicule for the entire hip hop genre.

Here they are together with the real prince. Not the symbol.


Why on earth am I thinking about this you ask? Because I can't get "Coming Home" out of my head, and not because I find the song annoying. Because I kind of like it. Which I guess does kind of annoy me.




So I guess he can change his name as much as he wants because fools like me listen to his music. And Kanye's for that matter...



If you haven't already checked out the Runaway video, start with the nod to Bon Iver's Woods at 27:00.

And for the record, in all fairness to Taylor Swift, I do think she deserved her Grammy. And I actually like her music too. She's like the yin to Kanye's yang. And all is right in the world.

2 comments: